One of the biggest operational challenges many brands face is coordination across employees in different locations. Whether it’s based on preference or necessity, today’s businesses are operating in a national and global context that requires certain tools and strategies for effective collaboration.
The good news is, we live in a time when long-distance communication is more accessible than ever. With little more than an Internet connection, you can conduct conference calls, share files, and collaborate on new projects with ease.
1. AIRTOUCH NEW MEDIA Location Based Mobile Marketing | Social Media | Mobile & Web Development MADRID | PARIS | MEXICO | BUCHAREST
2. Remote team working —– Tools and Best Practices
3. Agenda Remote Team Working Benefits and Best Practices AAK biography Why remote work ? Best practices for remote working Tools for remote working + Project/ Task Management Collaboration + File Sharing + Code Review Example: Bucharest as remote destination
4. 01 C E O – Co Founder Airtouch New Media | Digital Executive | Cross-Cultural Teams Management | Multilingual | Multicultural | International Digital executive that had global responsabilities for an American company managing brands and multicultural large teams spread in more than 4 countries and offices. He previously acted as entrepreneur for others opening and managing the Spanish offices of important French startups that were finally aquired by American companies and over the past years created his own Startups and invested in others. He speaks fluently 3 languages and lived in more than 5 countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Armando Avila Kramis
5. 03 Why Remote Work? THANKS TO INTERNET THE WORLD IS OUR LIMIT NEW TRENDS: STARTUPS ARE MICRO-MULTI NATIONALS • Sell globally • And Hire Globally???? • Why to limit to sell and hire locally ? • Why don’t hire the best talent wherever it is ? • Which are the global strengths per region and profession ? • Where is the highest quality of what I need? • Where can I find cost efficiencies? • Where can I have tax benefits ? • Where do I have location/logistics benefits ?
6. Remote Activities Examples 04 Delocalized / Externalized Development & QA Tech Firms & Freelancers Legal Replaced by Law Firms Communication By PR Agencies Design & UX Agencies or & Freelancers Finance Department Venture Capital Funds
7. Best Practices for Remote working Empowering communication, Collaboration and Transparency 02 Language should not be an issue 05 Have an ambassador per remote destination to build and maintain the communication bridge between locations 01 Have the right profile of people 04 When possible have people from both sides flying to the other 03 Use complementary productivity tools ! 06 First time and periodically important to have a team video conference to increase knowledge of each other and to discuss about status of the project(s). 05 07 Periodically check people and procedures and make improvements if needed
8. is the FREE, flexible, and visual way to organize anything with anyone. Keeping track of project tasks, as well as the overview of the project TRELLO Trusted by millions, Basecamp is the PAID leading web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, and milestones. BASECAMP Allows you to share files and sync them across any device. FREE. All your files, Any device, Offline access. DROPBOX FREE. Between video, voice and text chat, keeps you connected with the entire team. You can also share your screen and do Skype out to international phone numbers. SKYPE the FREE All-In-One Software for Remote Support over the internet to control any computer or Mac and Online Meetings TEAMVIEWER 14 14 Tools to Work Remotely
9. JIRA is a PAID issue tracking product, developed by Atlassian. It provides bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management functions. JIRA It is a PAID open- source version control system that provides a great web-based graphical interface; GITHUB Enables you to write and execute automated acceptance tests of mobile apps. It’s cross-platform. It’s also open source and FREE by Xamarin CALABASH Software developers in a team can review each other’s modifications on their source code using a Web browser and approve or reject those changes. JENKINS is a FREE, web-based team code collaboration tool. It integrates closely with Git, a distributed version control system. GERRIT 14 14 Tools to Work Remotely
10. Tools for Remote working (others) • Collaborating or Chatting –Slack: is great for one-on-one conversations or with everyone • Code review –Review Board: is a powerful web-based code review tool that offers developers an easy way to handle code reviews. It scales well from small projects to large companies and offers a variety of tools to take much of the stress and time out of the code review process.
11. Tools for Remote working (others) • Code Review – Kallithea is a cross-platform, FREE source code management system that supports two leading version control systems, Mercurial and Git, and has a web interface that is easy to use for users and admins, with features for collaboration, such as forking, pull requests, code review, issue tracking. – Crucible is a collaborative code review application by Australian software company Atlassian, particularly tailored to distributed teams, and facilitates review and commenting on code, integrating with popular source control tools, such as Git and Subversion.
12. 08 Universities and IT Hubs IT talents are cultivated in Romania’s top high- schools that focus on mathematics and computer science. Bucharest Located at the heart of Eastern Europe, Romania has grown into an ideal software development location for companies seeking highly technical and friendly work force, cost-effective business environment at a nearby location. Technical Expertise The software developers in Romania are highly competent and experienced with various software methodologies (both traditional and Agile), technologies such as C, C++, .NET, Java, PHP, Mobile.
13. 09 Bucharest as Remote Destination 400Km Communication Romanians speak English fluently, and are highly articulate. These skills are critical in email and video conferencing. Rates One of Romania’s key strengths remains the competitive costs of the workforce. Culture Romanians are generally cosmopolitan, educated, fluent English speakers and resourceful creative people. Compatible Time Zone The country’s time zone is compatible with those of European countries (maximum of 2h difference), and with U.S. during the day (2-3 hours of overlap).
14. Thanks! AirtouchNM @ AirtouchNM AirtouchNM firstname.lastname@example.org MADRID | PARIS | MEXICO | BUCHAREST Armando Avila Kramis email@example.com +34 659 436 519